Maintaining a robust video strategy can be challenging, especially if you’re short on time or have a limited marketing budget. If you’ve lost motivation or need some new ideas, here are a few tips to help you revamp your approach and get back on track.
Tips on Video Creation
- Get straight to the point. Thanks to short attention spans and unlimited options, one-fifth of viewers click away from videos within the first 10 seconds. This means you can’t afford to waste any time when it comes to conveying your message.
- Publish to multiple platforms. Wherever your audience is, you should be there, too. Just keep in mind that each platform has different options and audience expectations.
- Use visual cues. Mobile viewers often watch with the sound off. If your video doesn’t provide captions or visual methods of storytelling, your audience won’t hang around.
- Be SEO and CTA savvy. Implementing keyword-specific descriptions and titles will help drive traffic to your videos, and including strong calls to action will inspire viewers to move down the funnel.
Ideas to Get You Started
- Highlight your brand. Keep your audience up to date on company news, special events and promotions. Feature staff and client testimonials. Screenshot Yelp reviews. Whatever you do, make sure it’s interesting to the viewer.
- Share your expertise. Webinars, how-to videos and Q&As are great ways to educate clients about your products and services. Livestream to engage your audience in real time.
- Be a thought leader. Set yourself up as the go-to source for industry news. Use your expertise and insight to provide context and value.
Video accounts for 90 percent of user-shared content and is predicted to make up 80 percent of all internet traffic by 2020. If video isn’t a significant focus of your marketing strategy, now’s the time to adjust.